InOrbit, Inc. - Remote
Join us at InOrbit to accelerate the adoption of robotics at global scale. InOrbit is the leading SaaS provider of RobOps (robot operations). You’ll be working with some of the most advanced technologies while improving the resilience and safety of communities around the world.
InOrbit is a venture-backed, cloud-based robot management platform that allows companies across all industries to operate growing robot fleets efficiently. We are a distributed and diverse team with a shared passion for planetary-scale impact. Learn more about our vision on our blog.
We're looking for experienced application engineers to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on leading edge technologies helping customers enable the next generation of autonomous machines. You will be joining a rapidly growing team that is focused on a shared mission with planetary-scale impact. You will across all company functions to realize value for customers.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with prospects and customers, from early engagement through hands-on implementation and deployment
- Understanding customer needs in order to configure, adapt and integrate InOrbit’s platform to meet those specific needs
- Influencing product direction and contributing code directly to our codebase
- Working with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to understand product priorities
- Addressing issues/iterating through continuous improvement
- Helping set and align expectations with customers and team members
- Having a strong voice about viability and best way of achieving objectives
- Taking ownership of technical areas and team initiatives as necessary
The ideal candidate is experienced in driving adoption of world-class products and can't wait to get their hands into the latest technologies to delight customers.
- Hungry for personal growth and eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent and +5 years of experience working in customer-facing engineering roles
- Relationship oriented, builds trust with customers, has great communications skills and adjusts presentation based on audience
- Strong analytical/data skills, adept at using data to help drive decisions
- Experience working in fast-paced, outcome-focused customer-facing teams, with a strong emphasis on solving problems and delivering value
- Familiar with key technical concepts related to distributed systems and microservices architecture
You also feel comfortable learning new technologies and have prior experience with one or more of these technology areas:
- Cloud infrastructure / hosted services
- Troubleshooting issues with networking, operating system or hardware
- MERN Stack, Meteor, GraphQL
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Kubernetes
- Large-scale data processing, data lakes
- Machine learning algorithms and frameworks, Embedded Operating Systems, robotics and ROS
You get bonus points if you:
- Have worked in and thrived in early-stage, B2B startups
- Can switch seamlessly between technical and customer engagement tasks
- Public speaking experience, preparing/running demos at trade shows
- Some prior exposure to robotics and automation