Developer Relations Manager
InOrbit, Inc. - US, Canada or Remote
Join us at InOrbit to accelerate the adoption of robotics at global scale. InOrbit is the leading SaaS provider of RobOps (robot operations). You’ll be working with some of the most advanced technologies while improving the resilience and safety of communities around the world.
InOrbit is a venture-backed, cloud-based robot management platform that allows companies across all industries to operate growing robot fleets efficiently. We are a distributed and diverse team with a shared passion for planetary-scale impact. Learn more about our vision on our blog.
We're looking for a developer relations manager to join our growing marketing organization to help drive awareness and develop a global community at the intersection of robotics, cloud and large scale data infrastructure.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with marketing and product teams to define a plan to engage with the right audiences via different channels
- Establishing trusting, continuous relationship with external developers through mutual communication
- Driving awareness in the broader engineering community by representing InOrbit at technical conferences, writing tech blogs, contributing to open source initiatives and steering standards-setting initiatives
- Developing an in-depth understanding of InOrbit’s vision and technology so you can share it with the world
- Working with academia, industry associations, open source foundations, incubators, innovation offices and venture capitalists to help drive an appreciation for the importance of RobOps
- Engaging 1:1 and 1:n with software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, operations specialists and people in other technical roles to promote the use of InOrbit and RobOps best practices
- Participating in recruiting events to help STEM students and recent graduates learn about opportunities in robotics and RobOps
- Being a strong internal advocate for developers’ needs, partnering with engineers, UX designers and product managers to ensure the platform can meet those needs
- Partnering with sales and customer success, work with customers and prospects evaluating InOrbit to help them integrate InOrbit with internal and third-party solutions
- Creating sample code, contributing to open source initiatives, joining product epics and sprints
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe that you’ll be likely to excel at this job if you are experienced in working closely with developers, universities and foundations to advance understanding about emerging technologies and solutions. Ideally you:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or have developed relevant on-the-job expertise as a developer
- Have +3 years of experience working in a DevRel role or have worked in other marketing roles at technology companies
- Are comfortable presenting to technical audiences, experienced engineers and C-level executives
- Feel comfortable writing code and can thrive organizing events or putting together technical educational material
- Work collaboratively and flexibly across functional areas, partnering with product, sales and founders to help drive shared outcomes
- Are hungry for personal growth and eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment
You get bonus points if you:
- Have prior knowledge of or experience in robotics, cloud infrastructure, scalable data platforms and/or DevOps
- Worked as a developer and a marketer, though not necessarily at the same time
- Organized a technical community, Meetup or other events in a technical B2B topic
- Enjoy the challenge of evangelizing in new and innovative product categories