InOrbit, Inc. - North America
Join us at InOrbit to accelerate the adoption of robotics at global scale. InOrbit is the leading SaaS provider of RobOps (robot operations). You’ll be working with some of the most advanced technologies while improving the resilience and safety of communities around the world.
InOrbit is a venture-backed, cloud-based robot management platform that allows companies across all industries to operate growing robot fleets efficiently. We are a distributed and diverse team with a shared passion for planetary-scale impact. Learn more about our vision on our blog.
We're looking for a hands-on software engineering leader to join our product team to help advance the state of the art at the intersection of robotics, cloud and large scale data infrastructure and drive awareness in the community around technology trends and engineering best practices for this rapidly growing space.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Elevating the engineering team’s execution, creating outstanding solutions to customer needs
- Leading team to advance best practices around technology and process
- Fostering an environment where engineers thrive and grow
- Being a key voice at the company on product direction, working closely with executives, other engineers, tech leads, UX designers and product managers to align on objectives and metrics
- Driving awareness in the broader engineering community by representing InOrbit at technical conferences, writing tech blogs, contributing to open source initiatives and steering standards-setting initiatives
- Partnering with sales and customer success to engage with technical decision-makers at key accounts to help secure their support
- Participating actively in the engineering process, acting as a hands-on role model moving the product forward
- Taking ownership of technical areas and team initiatives as necessary
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe that you’ll be likely to excel at this job if you are experienced in building world-class products as part of effective high-context engineering teams. Ideally you:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or equivalent and have +5 years of experience building software products
- Have led teams of engineers at technology companies with a strong product focus
- Are comfortable with public speaking and presenting to executives to help influence technical decision-makers
- Have a strong opinion about best practices to build and operate modern, scalable, production-ready SaaS products.
- Have a vocation to help other people grow and succeed
- Are hungry for personal growth and eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment
In addition, you feel comfortable learning new technologies and have prior experience with a meaningful subset of these technology areas:
- Full-stack MERN applications, ideally with experience in Meteor and GraphQL
- Cloud architecture and infrastructure, including GCloud, Azure, Kubernetes, helm, Terraform
- Large-scale data processing, Big data streaming, including MQTT, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, data lakes
- Machine learning algorithms and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jupyter
- Embedded Operating Systems, robotics and ROS
You get bonus points if you:
- Have worked in and thrive in early-stage, B2B startups
- Have actively contributed to major open source initiatives or have been instrumental in open sourcing internal technologies
- Are familiar with the field of autonomous robots, DevOps and large scale data platforms
- Bring experience defining key engineering organization processes such as performance review process, career path, budget definition and recruiting