Senior Front-End Software Engineer
InOrbit, Inc. - Remote
Join us at InOrbit to accelerate the adoption of robotics at global scale. InOrbit is the leading SaaS provider of RobOps (robot operations). You’ll be working with some of the most advanced technologies while improving the resilience and safety of communities around the world.
InOrbit is a venture-backed, cloud-based robot management platform that allows companies across all industries to operate growing robot fleets efficiently. We are a distributed and diverse team with a shared passion for planetary-scale impact. Learn more about our vision on our blog.
We're looking for experienced client-side software engineers to join our product team. You will have the opportunity to influence our product direction and play a key role in enabling the next generation of autonomous machines. You will be joining a rapidly growing product team that is focused on a shared mission with planetary-scale impact. We promise you will not be bored and will be constantly challenged to solve hard problems.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Moving the product forward by coming up with outstanding solutions to customer/product needs.
- Helping define technical direction and implementation for rich, data-oriented applications
- Building high-quality user experiences by balancing user, business and technical needs, while improving the technology stack along the way
- Taking ownership of technical areas and team initiatives as necessary in a tech lead role
- Working closely with the rest of the product team, including other engineers, tech lead, UX designer and product manager to align on objectives and metrics
- Addressing issues/iterating through continuous improvement
- Helping set expectations with other team members to advance the team’s product acumen
- Having a strong voice about viability and best way of achieving objectives
The ideal candidate is experienced in building world-class products and can't wait to get their hands into the latest technologies to delight customers.
- Hungry for personal growth and eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent and +5 years of experience building world-class products and user experiences
- Experience working in fast-paced, outcome-focused product teams
- Solid understanding of modern technology front-end architecture and at home designing and using REST, GraphQL and bi-directional, real-time data streaming APIs
- Adept at building and running highly-available systems with a micro-services architecture
You also have strong expertise in client-side technology area:
You get bonus points if you:
- Have worked in and thrive in early-stage, B2B startups
- Can switch seamlessly between development and operations
- Are a natural trouble-shooter and are not afraid to dig into problems that others shy away from
- Are constantly focused on leaving code better than you found it
- Have also experience working with back-end infrastructure, ideally with Node and GraphQL + Cloud architecture